After having lived here in downtown Philadelphia, I know a few things that I would like to share with the folks just moving into downtown for the first time….
1) If you live in a condominium building or loft,you can have your dry cleaning picked up and dropped off at your home. For nearly 17 years now, I have been using:
Paul Catellano Dry Cleaning Services 1-609-617-4291 He does dry cleaning, wash and fold service, and is always friendly and reliable-no charge for pickup/delivery
2) If you plan on getting around town, from time to time via cab, I like Olde City Cab at 215.338.0838 Again, friendly and reliable, the best in town, in my opinion
3) Looking for a kinda’ hip, swanky kinda’ place to have a drink? Try “XIX” at the Bellevue at Broad and Walnut Streets (19th floor of the Park Hyatt). Nice surroundings, with not a lot of attitude. Very Philadelphian of you….
4) Don’t join a gym until you have seen the Sporting Club at the Bellevue. Probably will be one of the most amazing things you will see. Huge doesn’t do this place any justice. BIG BIG BIG, clean, and nice classes all day long. Opens super early, closes very late every day.
5) Getting from one side of Center City to the other on the weekends is easy if you use Market Street and JFK BLVD.
6) Looking for cheap diner food at 2am on any given night? You want to go to Little Pete’s at 17th and Samson Streets.
7) Need any bath accessories? Try WaterWorks at 1525 Walnut St. Some really high quality stuff! from towels to faucets….
8) Cheap Weekend breakfast? Zeke’s deli on 5th street between Spruce and Pine. Service is always friendly, and food is reasonable. A nice clean place!
9) New to our TV viewing area? Most Philadelphians watch ABC 6 action news. I don’t know why…but I like them too….
10) Looking for some high end appliances? Check out ABC appliances over the bridge in Jersey. Nice folks, nice supply of higher end appliance, etc.
For other vendors I like, more related to real estate, vist my site, www.CenterCityCondos.com, and click on the “Vendor” menu button.
Prudential Fox and Roach REALTORS®
530 Walnut St., Suite 260 Philadelphia, PA 19106