…that no developer will offer, but you may request!
So you buy a new Philly condo, and the developer gives you options for carpeting, tile work in the bathroom, and selection of kitchen cabinets. However, here are my top five suggestions for things you might want to request. With a good offer, you may just be able to tweak your new condo with the right touches!
1) Back-splash in the kitchen. Almost never included in new construction. Be prepared, and bring a sample with you when doing up your offer.
2) The “edge finish” to your new granite. Most offer a simple “bull nose” finish. But how about an “Ogi” edge? Can really put a nice spin on your granite?
3) A tile or granite threshold into your bathrooms. A simple 4″ wide piece of granite where the carpeting or wood floors meet your tile bath could be nice.
4) A door sweep to your front door. This will help seal the gap between your units front door, and the hallway. Reduced intake of dust and possible pests.
5) Shelving in your laundry area. Never included, but always helpful for storing detergent, etc. Maybe even a cabinet would be nice here too.
Little tweaks here and there can really put a nice looking finish on many new condos in Philadelphia. And under the rule that you don’t get if you don’t ask…why not ask?
Prudential Fox and Roach REALTORS®
530 Walnut St., Suite 260 Philadelphia, PA 19106