April 28, 2017
• • •
April 25, 2017
3) Hardwood Floors – Is it really? I mean technically, even pine isn’t hardwood…it’s categorized as a soft wood. The term ” hardwood floors” is seen often and you shouldn’t always believe it to be true. Could be laminate, or engineered flooring.
4) Penthouse – Is that really a penthouse? Just because the unit is on one of the top 3 floors doesn’t make it a penthouse. You’ll know a penthouse when you see one. Usually adorned with nice outside space, higher ceilings and maybe fireplaces.
5) We’re 72% sold! – A very common lie. Please don’t believe it unless the developer can whip out all legally binding sales contracts…otherwise may not be true.
6) Square footage claims – DO NOT rely upon the square footage of a condo based upon a “Fact Sheet” you get from your Realtor. You don’t know where that figure came from- The appraiser? The seller? The listing agent? The city? The man on the moon?? Come on…
7) “Fact Sheets” in general – I think it is fair to say that about 75% of the info listed on a flyer is true. The other 25%..perhaps not as much. DO NOT rely on those fact sheets. You should double check the accuracy for yourself!
• • •
April 20, 2017
• • •
April 18, 2017
Why are some of the best deals the homes that sit and sit and sit on the market?
Because chances are, the seller is getting fatigued. I have no problems with homes that have been sitting, as long as the seller has been moving the price along with the long days-on- market.
Because if the building has more tenants than owners living in the building, the building will be harder to finance (fannie mae rules). And as a result, you’ll generally see less demand.
That is an easy one…buy ugly and sell pretty. Condition matters. Buyers don’t buy brick and mortar, they buy feelings and emotions. Make your place lovely when you go to sell.
• • •
April 4, 2017
If I have sold you a condo, then you probably know my trusty contractor Mario. We have worked together for almost two decades and ALMOST ALL of my buyers LOVE him- which is nearly impossible odds, but they do. Here are some inside tips he puts out there:
1) Don’t hover- but please ask questions me questions. It is important that our expectations are on the same page.
2) Don’t assume something will be done if it’s not discussed and in writing. So please, let’s review our agreement and cement our understanding and expectations prior to starting the job.
3) If you add extra work, don’t be surprised it’s costing more money and your final bill is higher than the original estimate.
4) When it comes to pricing, you get what you pay for. And I
can ‘t go around other contractor’s work….what’s done is done, and to undo and start over is not going to inexpensive.
5) Treat customers how you would want to be treated. Usually I don’t care how the customer treats me… I’m the one who’s always nice. It’s just good for business and makes everything go so much better.
6) I can only work during certain hours and days in most high rise condo buildings. No way around that.
And here is what I tell my buyers who want work
done to their new condo :
Plan the “fly” and fly the plan.
…If you are looking to add time, money and frustration to the job- Just change your mind as the job goes along 🙂
• • •