Some Center City condo buildings boast amenities like a gym. In actuality, they are nothing
more than a converted maids closet. Small, cramped, and stupid would be the best way to describe what some developers will pass off as a gym. Here are the best gyms in the city that are inside of condo buildings, in my opinion:
1) WaterFront Square: The best of the best. Huge, clean, great views, and always really well air-conditioned. Nice assortment of free weights and machines. Even an on-site vendor to serve up protein shakes when you are done. The Pool is unrivaled in terms of size and views. Hot tub, sauna and steam room complete the package. A-1
2) The Ritz Carlton– Huge, super clean, and well furnished. Of course the pool and hot tub don’t
hurt either. Bottled water at each treadmill awaits. Great Views overlooking City Hall!
3) The Murano– Similar to the Ritz Carlton…but a bit smaller. Huge pool…no hot tub or sauna- but a fairly large dressing room/shower area. Kept in mint condition…very clean.
4) Liberty Two– Large clean gym with lots of equipment, and the views from the 36th floor are stunning. A great way to pass the time while you are on the treadmill. Pool is small, but it is one of those endless pools that means you swim in place- against a current.
5) Locust Point– Not really all that large, and no pool, hot tub or sauna. But floor to ceiling glass…so you can lookout to the Schuylkill Riverpark jogging trail. Or just head out to the trail and skip the gym. This nod to Locust Point is more about the fact that you are right at the Riverpark…and gives you an option that few other condo buildings can brag about.