…see if you can avoid being a dumb ass!
Here are the top 5 Mistakes potential buyers make when shopping for a new condo in Philly:
1) They don’t do their homework- And end up buying a condo with a fatal resale flaw… like a 6th floor walkup, or a 2000 sq ft studio.
2) They overpay without asking their realtor for detailed comparable info- huge mistake. Happens all the time.
3) They use a realtor who is a relative, or someone from way out of the area. Whatta’ you, new to this planet? Don’t do that.
4) They neglect to get their mortage costs AND interest rate in writing from their mortgage dude/dudette.
5) They get a friend or relative to do a home inspection for them. I reserve the right to laugh at anyone who does this.
Honestly, most Center City Condominium buyers are intelligent, and come prepared. But some don’t do their homework, and end up getting kinda’ screwed in the end. Please don’t let this happen to you! Call, and let’s chat about some of the common pitfalls of buying a condo.
Prudential Fox and Roach REALTORS®
530 Walnut St., Suite 260 Philadelphia, PA 19106