If I have sold you a condo, then you probably know my trusty contractor Mario. We have worked together for almost two decades and ALMOST ALL of my buyers LOVE him- which is nearly impossible odds, but they do. Here are some inside tips he puts out there:
1) Don’t hover- but please ask questions me questions. It is important that our expectations are on the same page.
2) Don’t assume something will be done if it’s not discussed and in writing. So please, let’s review our agreement and cement our understanding and expectations prior to starting the job.
3) If you add extra work, don’t be surprised it’s costing more money and your final bill is higher than the original estimate.
4) When it comes to pricing, you get what you pay for. And I
can ‘t go around other contractor’s work….what’s done is done, and to undo and start over is not going to inexpensive.
5) Treat customers how you would want to be treated. Usually I don’t care how the customer treats me… I’m the one who’s always nice. It’s just good for business and makes everything go so much better.
6) I can only work during certain hours and days in most high rise condo buildings. No way around that.
And here is what I tell my buyers who want work
done to their new condo :
Plan the “fly” and fly the plan.
…If you are looking to add time, money and frustration to the job- Just change your mind as the job goes along 🙂