Common Philadelphia Condo Decorating Mistakes
I have seen some pretty cool decorating ideas in many condos throughout the Center
City Philadelphia condo landscape. And I have seen some mistakes as well. Here are
just a few ideas off the top of my head…decorating mistakes that don’t play well in the
1) Putting a shiny clear coat of varnish of exposed brick walls
2) Installing carpet in a lower level area- be it a kitchen or bedroom
3) Using florescent lighting anywhere when trying to sell a condo
4) Hollow core white doors with brass knobs and hinges- Try painting a neutral color
5) Vertical Blinds. Need I say more?
6) Colored carpet. Any color of the rainbow in terms of carpeting is bad. Stick to neutrals or dark
dark dark low pile brown.
7) Less is more. Condo by definition are usually limited in size. Get rid of the crap that has been
piling up- aka: Clutter.
8) The Matchy Matchy Look- curtains match the tablecloth, the carpeting, and bedspread. Ick.
Here is a GOOD idea….
If you have some exposed brick, try painting it a really cool light color (like grey) and finish it with matter finish (flat). You can thank me when you see the appeal it can have with buyers.