Things You’ll Learn On Your First Condo Tour
Once you’ve spent all the time you can browsing Philadelphia Condos for Sale online, you’ll finally be ready for your first condo tour. Here are a few things you’ll learn in person that online listings may not reveal at first glance.
1) Many “concierge” folks are, in fact, front desk attendants. In some buildings, I think it’s fair to say they are simply seat-fillers. Sorry.
2) You should NEVER underestimate the value of good closet space. Ever.
3) Many newer construction high-rise buildings do not vent the stove or the dryer to the outside.
4) Deeded parking usually doesn’t really mean “deeded” parking – most parking spots do not have their own separate deed (they’re usually assigned and/or identified as a limited common element in the condominium declaration). There are some exceptions here but they are rare.
5) An alarm system inside a condo is likely useless to a buyer because the systems become obsolete very quickly.
6) Almost all new or replacement floors are laminate. They look great, they don’t wear, and they come in 1.5 jillion colors/options.
7) Most tenants usually don’t want to move out and will often make showing the home a nightmare- from locking deadbolts to leaving the home dirty and looking like crap for showings.
8) You really shouldn’t rely upon a “fact sheet” or what you read in the MLS. That info may be outdated and should always be verified…(I am lookin’ at you Zillow and Trulia!).
BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors®
530 Walnut St.#480 | Philadelphia, PA 19106