A hint of Old City Insight….
5 Things I know about Old City Philadelphia…
I lived in the neighborhood for 18 years- and I know of what I speak…
1) Old City is very “So-Ho” in nature- lots of people walking on the street, shopping and simply strolling around. It is really kinda’ groovy
2) Old City has but about two dozen single family homes- and a few thousand condos
3) BridgeView Place, The Wireworks, and the The Castings Condos are exceedingly similar-all built by the same developer and all offer similarly priced and sized condos. If you are condo shopping and see one building- you should see all 3 of these buildings
4) There is a “sweet spot” in Old City in terms of where most folks will ask to live- Which is east of 4th street, and north of say Market Street
5) Old city has it’s own Special Service district- uniformed folks who sweep the street and provide tourists with directions and a sense of comfort. A special tax is included for many Old City condo purchases, but a small price to pay for piece of mind.