1) Buyer buys a new car, or otherwise obligates him or herself financially, between signing of the agreement of sale, and closing.
2) Either party, while NOT attending settlement, sends documents back that have not been witnessed by a notary.
3) Either party, having to bring money to the table to complete the transaction, brings a personal check, and not a certified check.
4) Realtor forgets to either: Bring the escrow check, read the utility meters, neglects to do a walk-through, or doesn’t check to see all obligations on the agreement of sale have been fulfilled-like making sure appliances are still in the house at the time of settlement, etc.
5) Seller neglects to, or just doesn’t give a crap, and fails to complete items on a written punch list. I hate sellers like this. Usually deveoplers. Sleezy-bags.
Prudential Fox and Roach REALTORS®
530 Walnut St., Suite 260 Philadelphia, PA 19106