Spooky Center City Condo Urban Legends
I can neither confirm nor deny, but here is what I have heard over the past 21 years of selling Center City condos for sale:
1) The developer of the Philadelphian was so distraught over the perceived success of his building, that he jumped off the roof. 2401 PA. Ave is of course a hugely successful building today in terms of occupancy, resale prices, etc.
2) One of the developers of 101 Arch St. was killed at the opening ceremonies when a large chunk of the facade came crashing down. The Smythe Stores in Old City has a gorgeous historic facade.
3) Society Hill Towers was such a miserable failure when built (as apartments) that they couldn’t pay their electric bill.
4) The townhouses at 10th and Lombard (Society Square) were built upon an old graveyard.
5) Cianfrani park in Bella Vista was known as “Dead Body Park” because the mob would repeatedly dump bodies there after being successfully whacked.
Now I am sure some of these are pure bullshit, but they do make for interesting reading. Want to unravel the mysteries of your condo? Call me at 215.521.1523 and lets chat! 🙂
Prudential Fox and Roach REALTORS®
530 Walnut St., Suite 260 Philadelphia, PA 19106