Here are some things you are going to want to know…
• The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sunday edition is available on Saturday
• Buy a “Smart Card” from the Philadelphia Parking Authority- that way you won’t have to ask strangers on the street for change for your parking meter
• We don’t say pop…we say soda
• It is known as Queen Village, not Queens Village, though there may be may queens that live there.
• It is not Olde City…it is Old City
• Ben Franklin was never president of the United States
• NYC is an hour and eleven minutes by train
• We don’t eat Grinders or Subs…we eat Hoagies. Don’t ask me why
• Scrapple is something to be avoided at all costs (breakfast menu item)
• Acme is not just a place where the Wile E. Coyote buys things to “get”the Road Runner….it is a grocery store that is popular in the area
Want the inside scoop on Philadelphia? Give me a call, and let’s laugh at some of the oddities our fine city presents to those looking to relocate to Philly!
Prudential Fox and Roach REALTORS®
530 Walnut St., Suite 260 Philadelphia, PA 19106