It is NOT always dollars and cents that prompt a seller to sign an agreement of sale…here are a few tips to sweeten your offer:
- Shorten your settlement date-especially if the home is vacant.
- Shorten your home inspection period to 7 days instead of 15 days.
- Put more money down (to be held in escrow) – a full 10%.
- Add an “AS-IS” clause (which will still allow you to inspect and terminate the deal within the time frame permitted, if necessary).
- Write a really nice note about how much you love the seller’s home and why you are buying their home.
- If a property is vacant, but still has unwanted clutter and dirt, tell the seller you will buy the home as it sits today.
Many things in a real estate transaction are emotional. Sweeten that emotional pot and you might find you’ll save a few dollars. It happens more often than you think! Shoot me an email at Mark@CenterCity.com or call 215.521.1523 when you are ready to start shopping for your next home here in Philadelphia and we’ll help you make a sweet offer.
BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors®
530 Walnut St. #480 | Philadelphia, PA 19106